As Seen in Escape from New York
"You go in, find the President, bring him out in 24 hours, and you're a free man..." Feeling tough? Consider this Snake Plissken costume from Escape from New York.
- Start with the black eye patch.
- You'll likely need a wig to match Kurt Russell's flowing locks. We found ours, and then trimmed it back.
- The black zipper tank top is the toughest get on your list. Buy that from us here.
- Optional: a distressed leather jacket (brown).
- Add a pair of gray camo pants.
- We wrapped a pair of catcher's shin guards in aluminum foil and completed the ensemble with black work boots.
- Don't forget the weapons! Knives, throwing stars, and holsters were sourced at our local Army surplus shop. The blaster was retrofitted with a black plastic tube to make it look more like Snake's Uzi (which in the movie comes complete with a silencer and scope). For bonus points, add a blocky, '80s briefcase, complete with snapped handcuff, and an unspooled cassette tape.
- The tracking bracelet and life clock on Snake's wrists were cribbed together using materials purchased at our local craft shop.