Heather McNamara ("Yellow Heather") - Costume Guide
As Seen in Heathers
New for 2011 is the Heather McNamara costume, as inspired by the titular characters from the notorious 1989 movie of the same name. With Red Heather out of the picture, this one-time cheerleader is poised to fill the power vacuum at Westerburg High School...
- Start with her signature accessory, the yellow corsage.Start with her signature accessory, the yellow corsage.
- You may need a wig. Think dirty blonde and hairspary big.
- You'll also need a yellow blouse, layered with a black cardigan. A simple yellow dress will also suffice. Our garments were provided by The Red Light, but your local thrift store will likely have reasonable facsimiles for all of them.
- Accent with a wide, black belt at the waist.
- Pair with yellow tights (or knee high socks) and black flats or Mary Janes.
- Finish the look with a croquet mallet and ball (in this case, yellow, 'natch). We borrowed this kit from a friend, but a bit of Internet sleuthing turns up a multitude of affordable options.