Gene - Costume Guide
As Seen in Wet Hot American Summer
"Now finish up them taters; I'm gonna go fondle my sweaters."
Every costume party needs at least one crazy person. Fill that role this year and dress up as Gene, the wacky and sexually suggestive camp cook-cum-thousand-yard-stare-Vietnam War vet from the best '80s summer camp movie to come out in the '00s, Wet Hot American Summer.
- Start with a bandana, ideally distressed and purple.
- Add a goatee. We used a bit of makeup to fill in the cheeks.
- Next, fill out the look with a blue tank top or tee that's been cut at the shoulders. To ensure screen accuracy, it should have a pronouced v-neck up top and be cropped high on the waist.
- As you can see, we cut ours a tad too short; bring me the head of the stylist!
- Round out the look with a pair of blue jeans, blocky shoes or boots, and a white chef's apron, artfully dirtied for the occasion with some food stains.
- The final piece: Gene's alter ego, a talking can of mixed vegetables. Raid the panty or hit up your local supermarket!
- Hunting for a group costume? Pair up with Gary and McKinley, your fellow employees at Camp Firewood, and form a hilarious trio.