Gary - Costume Guide
As Seen in Wet Hot American Summer
In my campaign to bring back shorts shorts, I've decided to do another costume from Wet Hot American Summer, a movie featuring fine early 80's fashion.
- First you'll need the right hair.
- Proper aviator sunglasses are also necessary. Costume shops usually sell them for pretty cheap.
- Next, pick up one of our Betty Jane Tavern shirts.
- Then, get some yellow short shorts. American Apparel girls running shorts are always a good bet.
- Next, some Navy blue tube socks. I got mine from American Apparel. They're pretty good, but it seems they recently made the stripes narrower for some reason...
- Finally, a pair of old school running shoes.
- Hunting for a group costume? Pair up with McKinley and Gene, your fellow employees at Camp Firewood, and form a hilarious trio.