It Goes to 11 — Costumes
Chicks With Sticks: Outtakes From Our Halloween Shoot
Overflow images from our annual Halloween shoot. Big fun. Big hair, with attitude to match. Scheming Stick it to me. Bombshell. The aforementioned sticks. Costumes, minimized. The ringleader. The cheerleader. The bulimic Because you never know when you might need a good costume…
- Tags: 80's Comedies, 80's Movies, classic 80s, Costumes, Croquet, group costumes, Heathers, movie costume guide, Shannon Dougherty, Winona Ryder
Trick Or Tees: New Halloween Costumes From The Reel World
Hi friends. We’ve refreshed our annual Halloween project. New for this year are 4 costumes developed around characters from the reel world (that is to say, film). Included amongst them are Goose (Top Gun), Ricky Vaughn (Major League), and Sam Bell (Moon). We also have one group ensemble inspired by the teen queens from 1989’s Heathers. Click on the image below to see them all. 34 costumes, 34 stories.
- Tags: 80's Movies, classic 80s, Costumes, group costumes, Halloween, Heathers, Major League, Moon, movie costume guide, Top Gun
You Realize If We Played By The Rules, Right Now We’d Be In Gym?
Playing hooky is really just a state of mind. Take, for instance, the amazing photo embedded below, which was submitted by our friend — and Found Item fan — Jeremy. Using screen grabs from the film (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, duh), J and his pals painstakingly sourced all of the elements needed to recreate the principal characters’ wardrobe. One such piece, naturally enough, was our Caduceus design (far right). The fidelity to the original, as a whole here, is rather remarkable; our kudos, gang. UPDATE: We spoke with Jeremy about his photo earlier in the week. Here’s what he had to say…...
- Tags: 80's Comedies, 80's Movies, Caduceus, Cameron Fry, classic 80s, Costumes, Ferris Bueller, group costumes, Halloween, movie costume guide
Everyday Should Be Halloween: Look At This Rad Collection of Costumes
Well, the Big Day has come and gone. The preparation, the anticipation, the urgency — all of it is so very liberating and intoxicating. Fleeting too. And what fun transpired. I could tell you about said joviality, or better yet, I could show you. Behold, then, this ghoulish breezy, user-submitted gallery of 2009 Halloween costumes, each constructed around one of our fabulous tees. As you’ll see, some of the entrants are particularly spot-on and painstakingly accurate. Which, on that note, reminds me: if you have pics you’d like to contribute, message me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll post them in this space. (For...
- Tags: 80's Comedies, 80's Movies, Alex Foley, Animal House, Beverly Hills Cop, Big Trouble in Little China, Bluto, Breaking Away, Caddyshack, Caduceus, Cameron Fry, Costumes, Cru Jones, Cutters, Darla Marks, Dicknose, Don't Hassle Me, Ferris Bueller, group costumes, Halloween, Kix, movie costume guide, Mumford Phys. Ed. Dept., Stiles, The Big Lebowski, The Dude, What About Bob
“You Looking to Catch Something:” Stiles Top 10 Lines from Teen Wolf (Rewind!)
Editor’s note: this is an oldie but a goodie. In honor of Halloween, we are rerunning it for your reading pleasure… Loyal readers of It Goes to 11 know that we heart 1985’s Teen Wolf here at FIC. The implausible story, the inspired comedic performances, the side-splitting dialogue, the feel-good conclusion — this fine flick has it all in spades. Michael J. Fox is certainly the star of the film, but in many ways Jerry Levine’s Stiles character (pictured below) steals the show with his self-assured preening, cocky chutzpah, entrepreneurial spirit, and rich, fantastically colored wardrobe. (Shameless reminder: we sell two of his attention-grabbing tees here and here.) For a...
- Tags: 80's Comedies, 80's Movies, classic 80s, Costumes, Dicknose, Halloween, Michael J Fox, Stiles, Teen Wolf